How To Discern A Relationship From Hell
1. You regularly wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning and ask yourself, with a nagging ache in your soul, ‘Why am I in this relationship?’ You are probably in a relationship from hell.
2. You are frustrated and confused. It seems as if you’ve lost your way. You feel out of sync with life and this person. You have this sinking feeling in your stomach that you are being drawn into something terrible, something bad. It is a feeling like walking in a desert when what you want to do is walk beside a beautiful ocean or lake.
3. You experience emotional, mental and financial abuse. Your partner threatens to leave you if you don’t do as he/she says. He/she uses great sex, lots of money, exceptional beauty, social power or even the knowledge of ‘God’ to manipulate you to remain in an abusive relationship. If you are in it for the sex, the money, the social status, the approval of your friends or for power, it is definitely a relationship from hell.
4. Your partner manufactures lies faster than an illegal Chinese video operation. It seems as if anytime she/he talks, a lie is born. You have also been drawn into this web of lies. You have told your partner so many lies so that you can feel accepted and loved. Your lies seem harmless, but deep in your soul you know what you are doing is wrong. If you cannot tell your partner the truth about your past, you are in a Relationship from hell.
5. You are not your real self in the relationship. You have assumed a false, deceptive persona so that you can please and be accepted by your partner. You do everything you don’t want to do just to be accepted in the relationship. For instance, you attend church with your partner so that he/she will think you are spiritual when you had rather be at home, sleeping on Sunday morning. You live in constant fear of being discovered for who and what you really are.
6. You have no peace. Your partner drains you spiritually, emotionally and financially. You and your partner fight all the time over the most stupid and inconsequential things. Since you met your partner, you have never known real peace. You jump from one crisis to another. It feels as if you are always in a wrestling contest with him/her.
7. Your lives are totally opposite and antithetic to each other. Your partner is going East while you are heading north with your life. If there is no agreement whatsoever about the direction in which your lives should go, the relationship will be an experience worse than a Chinese torture chamber.
8. You feel trapped, limited, and claustrophobic in the relationship. It seems as if the relationship is a life sentence with hard labor for a crime you committed. When you are with the right person, there is a sense of freedom and liberty in your soul.
9. Your partner is pulling you back, pulling you sideways, pulling you down or has completely immobilized and paralyzed your movement. Since you met, there has been no real progress or improvement in your life, and even when you made some progress it was with great pain. When you take one step forward to improve your life, finances, business and career, your partner pulls you back. You are in the wrong relationship.
10. The blessing of The Lord makes rich and adds no sorrow to it. There should be peace in your heart concerning this relationship. Constant struggle, sorrow and pain is an indication that you are doing the wrong thing or you are with the wrong person. Your partner may be right for someone else but he/she is totally wrong for you. A relationship should be a blessing, not a curse. If you feel like this person is not a blessing to you, it’s probably a Relationship from hell.